Mushroom extracts VS mushroom powder
Mushroom extracts and powder, are they same? The answer is NO.
What’s the difference?
They are different from processing technology, solubility, odor, shape, price, etc., specific differences are as follows
- Processing technology: the mushroom extracts is obtained by powder grinding, water boiling, concentrating, filtering and spray drying the selected mushrooms, and the mushroom powderS is the powder directly ground after cleaning and drying the selected mushrooms.
- Solubility: The mushroom extract is extracted by water, so it becomes clear and transparent after being dissolved in water; while the mushroom seasoning powder is insoluble in water. After water dissolution, there is precipitation and it is not clear.
- Odor: The odor of the edible mushroom powders is closer to the taste of the dehydrated mushrooms, while the extract has a relatively light taste.
- Shape: mushroom extracts seen on market includes liquid, mushroom exracts powder, granules.
- Price: mushroom extracts price is lower than mushroom powders.
- Usage: the extracts are used as medical, healthcare products, while the powder ofen used as seasoning for cooking etc.
In short, The mushroom extracts refers to the spray dried powder after water extraction. It is water-soluble, has a light smell, and is generally brownish yellow in color. Its advantage is that it is clear and transparent after water extraction, but its disadvantage is that it has a light smell.
Organic mushroom powder refers to the powder directly ground after drying mushrooms, which is not completely water-soluble and has a smell similar to that of the raw materials. Its advantages are a strong odor, but its disadvantages are insoluble in water.